This is the response I got from Mr. Robert White from the Renewable Fuels Association

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ KillCarb Forum ]

Posted by Marc M on March 22, 2011 at 17:08:38

This is the response I got from Mr. Robert White from the Renewable Fuels Association

I also sent Jerry Brown a letter of which I have posted all over the internet at various
Car forums which Collectively has over 1/2 million members

Assuming you want to know the truth, there are two major issues with E85 in California. The first is the contradiction of the California Air Resources Board (CARB) and the California Energy Commission (CEC). Blenders cannot meet the fuel specification for both, they have to choose one, which either leaves out financial incentive or compliance. As you can imagine, neither is a great option. On top of that, each of the retail locations are classified as "research" facilities that have to be first approved and then have outrageous reporting requirements that normal gas stations do not have. The next issue is the extreme restrictions on vehicles in California. Most automakers cannot meet them producing flex-fuel vehicles (FFVs), and it has not only discouraged production in your state, but nationwide. In fact, one automaker is saying that these restrictions could cause the end of flex-fuel vehicles in the near future.

Regards,
Robert White, Director of Market Development
Renewable Fuels Association (RFA)
17310 Wright Street, Suite 104
Omaha, NE 68130
(402) 391-1930

Follow Ups: