CARB Removes KTM EXC's and Grn's From Sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ KillCarb Forum ]

Posted by Bob on October 17, 2011 at 08:49:31

KTM is an Austrian motorcycle manufacturer that sells on and off road bikes worldwide. CARB has failed to "homologate" (approve) the CA EXC (street legal) and the CA "green sticker" (off road) 2012 models in a timely matter.

Currently, there are hundreds of these models on CA dealer showroom floors that are prevented from being sold. I have pre-paid for a 2012 KTM 500 EXC-F that is sitting at a local dealer unable to be sold.

KTM advises that all of their models have passed CARB testing weeks ago but CARB has no time constraints as to when they will issue the Executive Orders to allow sale of the KTM's. CARB refuses to disclose any information about the KTM testing or status, claiming that this information is confidential and is exempted from the Freedom of Information Act.

Another great job by CARB. The state is broke and CARB continues to ruin business with bureaucratic procedures.

I was told by a salesman at Bert's Mega Mall that Yamaha finally gave up attempting to gain CARB approval on their 2012 boats and finally shipped the CA vessels to other states for sale. I hope that KTM does not follow suit with the 2012 motorcycles.

Follow Ups: